Webinar "Biodiversity in Cities" (14th of May 2020) [sv]
On May 14, the City of Stockholm together with the Association of Diplomats Stockholm, the French Embassy and French Institute in Sweden, the German Embassy to Sweden and the organization Stockholm Loves Pollinators are pleased to invite you to join their webinar on biodiversity in cities.
The webinar is open to the public and it will be possible to ask questions to the panellists. The event will be conducted in English.
The purpose of the webinar is to exchange knowledge and inspiration between companies, researchers, decision makers in municipalities and interest groups ahead of the Biodiversity Day on May 22nd.
Why is biodiversity so important and how threatened is it globally? How will our communities be affected if nothing is done? How can cities, real estate owners, city developers and others help protect and increase biodiversity?
These are a few of the questions to be addressed during the webinar.
- Julia Marton-Lefèvre, board member of IPBES, UN’s knowledge platform for biodiversity and ecosystem services, will address the latest IPBES report and the global perspective on biodiversity.
- Gunilla Hjort, ecologist, Environment and Health Department, City of Stockholm, will address Stockholm’s work both historically and forwards and present the city´s upcoming action plan for biodiversity.
- Åsa Keane, chairperson C / O City, will present C / O City’s work on urban ecosystem services.
- Katarina Luhr (MP), Vice-Mayor for Environment and Climate, City of Stockholm (moderates the conversation)
- Jonas Naddebo (C), Vice-mayor for Culture and urban environment, City of Stockholm
Connect to the video meeting by clicking this link: https://meet.google.com/imc-urst-sab
You can also connect by phone by calling +46 8 505 459 38 and entering the following PIN: 298 410 143 #